Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Pediatric Clinics
- The Guarded Gate: Bigotry, Eugenics, and the Law That Kept Two Generations of Jews, Italians, and Other European Immigrants out of America.Scribner. 2019;
- Advocating for Immigration Policies that Promote Children’s Health.Pediatr Clin North Am. 2019; 66: 619-640
- Detention of Immigrant Children.Pediatrics. 2017; 139: e20170483
- Unaccompanied children seeking safe haven: Providing care and supporting well-being of a vulnerable population.Child Youth Serv Rev. 2018; : 122-132https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2018.03.043
- Unaccompanied alien children: an overview.; 2021:1-42.(Available at:)Accessed July 13, 2022)
- U.S. Border Patrol Southwest Border Apprehensions by Sector | U.S. Customs and Border Protection.(Available at:)Accessed July 13, 2022)
- Southwest Land Border Encounters (By Component) | U.S. Customs and Border Protection.(Available at:)Accessed July 13, 2022)
- Forced to leave? The discursive and analytical significance of describing migration as forced and voluntary.J Ethn Migr Stud. 2018; 44: 981-998
- Unaccompanied minors from the Northern Central American countries in the migrant stream: social differentials and institutional contexts.J Ethn Migr Stud. 2019; 45: 218-234
- Poverty Headcount Ratio at National Poverty Lines.(Available at:)Accessed July 14, 2022)
Munoz E. The geography of intergenerational mobility in Latin America and the caribbean. World Bank Group. Policy Research Working Paper 10036. 2022.
- On my mind: promoting, protecting and caring for children’s mental health.UNICEF, 2021 (Available at:)Accessed July 13, 2022)
- Climate Extremes, Food Insecurity, and Migration in Central America: A Complicated Nexus. migrationpolicy.org.(Available at:)https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/climate-food-insecurity-migration-central- america-guatemala(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Global violent deaths 2017: time to decide.small arms survey, 2017 (Available at:)
- Worldwide Governance Indicators.(Available at:)Accessed May 4, 2015)
- Characteristics of Separated Children in ORR’s Care: June 27, 2018--November 15.(Available at:)Accessed July 15, 2022)
- Human smuggling: Structure and mechanisms.Crime Justice. 2020; 49: 471-519
- Human smuggling and associated revenues: what do or can we know about routes from Central America to the United States?.RAND Corporation, 2019 (Available at)Accessed July 13, 2022)
- Child trafficking and exploitation: Historical roots, preventive policies, and the Pediatrician’s role.Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. 2022; 52: 101167
Haddal CC. Border security: the role of the U.S. Border Patrol. :41.
- No More Hieleras: Doe v. Kelly’s Fight for Constitutional Rights at the Border.UCLA L Rev. 2019; 66: 818-859
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security.(Available at:)Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Rio Grande Valley Area Border Patrol Struggles with High Volumes of Detainees and Cases of Prolonged Detention but Has Taken Consistent Measures to Improve Conditions in Facilities.(Available at:)https://www.oig.dhs.gov(Accessed July 14, 2022)Date: 2022
- Do My Rights Matter? The mistreatment of unaccompanied children in CBP custody.(Available at:)https://aijustice.org/do-my-rights-matter-the-mistreatment-of-unaccompanied-children-in-cbp- custody/(Accessed July 14, 2022)Date: 2020
- CBP Settlement Agreement Flores v. Garland, Case No. 2:85-cv-4544 (C.D. Cal.).(Available at:)Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Children Entering the United States Unaccompanied.(Available at:)Accessed July 14, 2022)
- U.S. Government Makes Significant Strides in Receiving Unaccompanied Children but Major Challenges Remain.(Available at:)Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Emergency Intake Sites for Unaccompanied Children. KIND.(Available at:)Accessed July 14, 2022)
Office of Refugee Resettlement, Administration for Childrn and Families. ORR Field guidance #13, Emergency Intake Sites (EIS) Instructions and Standards. Published online April 30, 2021.
Women’s Refugee Commission; First Focus on Children. Unaccompanied children in emergency intake site (EIS) facilities-A progress report.; 2022.
- The Trump Administration’s “Zero Tolerance” Immigration Enforcement Policy.Rep Congr Res Serv R. 2018; (Published online): 1-24
Jacob S. Separated: Inside an American Tragedy.
- Republicans Misplace Blame for Splitting Families at the Border. The New York Times.(Available at:)https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/us/politics/fact-check-republicans-family- separations-border.html(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- ‘We Need to Take Away Children,’ No Matter How Young, Justice Dept. Officials Said. The New York Times.(Available at:)https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/06/us/politics/family-separation-border-immigration-jeff- sessions-rod-rosenstein.html(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Kirstjen Nielsen Continues to Insist That There Is No Family Separation Policy. American Civil Liberties Union.(Available at:)https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrants-rights/ice-and-border-patrol-abuses/kirstjen-nielsen- continues-insist-there-no(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Angered by family separations at the border, advocacy groups plan White House protest June 30 - The Washington Post.(Available at:)https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2018/06/19/angered-by-family-separations- at-the-border-advocacy-groups-plan-white-house-protest-june-30/(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- G.O.P. Moves to End Trump’s Family Separation Policy, but Can’t Agree How. The New York Times.(Available at:)Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Trump signs order ending his policy of separating families at the border, but reprieve may be temporary. Washington Post.(Available at:)https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-signs- order-ending-his-policy-of-separating-families-at-the-border-but-reprieve-may-be- temporary/2018/06/20/663025ae-74a0-11e8-b4b7-308400242c2e_story.html(Accessed July 14, 2022)
Separated Children Placed in Office of Refugee Resettlement Care (OEIBL-18-00511; 01/19). Available at: https://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports/oei-BL-18-00511.asp. Accessed July 15, 2022.
Interagency task force on the reunification of families. Interim Progress Report.; 2021. Available at: https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/21_0826_s1_interim-progress-report-family-reunification-task-force.pdf. Accessed July 13, 2022.
- Forced Child-Family Separations in the Southwestern US Border Under the “Zero-Tolerance” Policy: the Adverse Impact on Well- Being of Migrant Children (Part 2).J Hum Rights Soc Work. 2019; 4: 180-191
Kraft C. AAP Statement Opposing Separation of Children and Parents at the Border. Available at: https://www.aap.org/en/news-room/news-releases/aap/2018/aapstatement-opposing-separation-of-children-and-parents-at-the-border/. Accessed July 13, 2022.
- Migration-related trauma and mental health among migrant children emigrating from Mexico and Central America to the United States: Effects on developmental neurobiology and implications for policy.Dev Psychobiol. 2021; 63: e22158
- Undocumented and unaccompanied: children of migration in the European Union and the United States.J Ethn Migr Stud. 2019; 45: 197-217
- US bishops condemn immigration policies that separate families at border. National Catholic Reporter.(Available at:)https://www.ncronline.org/news/people/us-bishops-condemn-immigration-policies-separate- families-border(Accessed July 15, 2022)
- Evangelical Leaders Urge President Trump To Keep Families Together. Evangelical Immigration Table.(Available at:)https://evangelicalimmigrationtable.com/evangelical-leaders-urge-president-trump-to-keep- families-together/(Accessed July 15, 2022)
- Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart.’ Washington Post.(Available at:)https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/laura-bush-separating-children- from-their-parents-at-the-border-breaks-my-heart/2018/06/17/f2df517a-7287-11e8-9780- b1dd6a09b549_story.html(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Catholic bishops across U.S. condemn separation of migrant children. America Magazine.(Available at:)https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2018/06/18/catholic-bishops-across-us- condemn-separation-migrant-children(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Migrant Children Heard Crying On Tape Are The Voices “Left Out” Of Conversation. NPR.(Available at:)https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/621579091/migrant-children-heard- crying-on-tape-are-the-voices-left-out-conversation(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Treatment of Migrant Children on the US Southern Border Is Consistent With Torture.Pediatrics. 2021; 147 (e2020012930)
- Nielsen Statement on Passing of Eight Year Old Guatemalan Child| Homeland Security.(Available at:)https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/26/secretary-kirstjen-m-nielsen-statement-passing-eight- year-old-guatemalan-child(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- How To Argue Asylum Seekers Aren’t “Irresponsible” For Bringing Kids To The US. Bustle.(Available at:)https://www.bustle.com/p/how-to-argue-asylum-seekers- arent-irresponsible-for-bringing-kids-to-the-us-15913325(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Unaccompanied Migrant Children from Central America: Context, Causes, and Responses.SSRN Electron J. 2014; https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2524001
- Moving children? Child trafficking, child migration, and child rights.Crit Soc Policy. 2011; 31: 454-477
- Re-conceptualising agency in migrant children from Central America and Mexico.J Ethn Migr Stud. 2019; 45: 235-252
- Voice, Agency and Vulnerability: the Immigration of Children through Systems of Protection and Enforcement.Int Migr. 2010; 49: 1-23
- The International Smuggling of Children: Coyotes, Snakeheads, and the Politics of Compassion.Anthropol Q. 2008; 81: 833-871
- Refugee Children and Families during the COVID-19 Crisis: A Resilience Framework for Mental Health.J Refug Stud. 2021; 34: 1138-1149
- Childhood and the Cultural Constitution of Vulnerable Bodies.in: Prout A. Campling J. The body, childhood and society. Palgrave Macmillan UK, 2000: 38-59https://doi.org/10.1007/978-0-333-98363-8_3 (Accessed July 13, 2022)
- The “Flores Settlement” and Alien Families Apprehended at the U.S. Border: Frequently Asked Questions. cong Res Serv.(Available at:)Accessed July 15, 2022)
- Codifying the Flores Settlement Agreement : Seeking to Protect Immigrant Children in U . S . Custody.Marquette L Rev. 2012; 95: 1635-1677
- Baby jails: the fight to end the incarceration of refugee children in America.University of California Press, 2020
- Overcrowded Border Jails Give Way to Packed Migrant Child Shelters. The New York Times.(Available at:)https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/07/us/politics/migrant-children-shelters.html. Published May 7, 2021(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- “No Good Choices”: HHS Is Cutting Safety Corners to Move Migrant Kids Out of Overcrowded Facilities. ProPublica.(Available at:)https://www.propublica.org/article/no-good-choices-hhs-is-cutting-safety-corners-to-move- migrant-kids-out-of-overcrowded-facilities(Accessed July 14, 2022)
Kelly JV. Management alert - DHS needs to address dangerous overcrowding among single adults at El Paso Del norte (redacted). 2019; Available at: https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Mga/2019/oig-19-46-may19-mgmtalert.pdf. Accessed July 13, 2022.
- Government Accountability Project Raises Ongoing Concerns about Treatment of Unaccompanied Immigrant Children at HHS Emergency Intake Sites. Government Accountability Project.(Available at:)https://whistleblower.org/press-release/press-release-government-accountability-project- raises-ongoing-concerns-about-treatment-of-unaccompanied-immigrant-children-at-hhs- emergency-intake-sites/(Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Never Again: Emergency Intake Sites (EISs) Harm Immigrant Children. National Center for Youth Law.(Available at:)Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Class-Action Suit Strengthens Protections For Immigrant Children. National Center for Youth Law.(Available at:)Accessed July 14, 2022)
- Gaining Ground: Promising Practice to Reduce and End Immigration Detention.(Available at:)https://idcoalition.org/publication/gaining-ground-promising-practice-to-reduce-end- immigration-detention/(Accessed July 14, 2022)Date: 2022
- Child migrants and child welfare: toward a best interests approach.Wash U Glob Stud Rev. 2018; 17: 589-614
- Pricing the priceless child: the changing social value of children.Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ1994
- The Perils of Innocence, or What’s Wrong with Putting Children First.J Hist Child Youth. 2008; 1: 331-350
Wise PH. Child Beauty, Child Rights, and the Devaluation of Women. Health Hum Serv News. 1(4):472-476.
- The Immigrant as Bogeyman: Examining Donald Trump and the Right’s Anti-immigrant, Anti-PC Rhetoric.Humanity Soc. 2020; 44: 178-197