To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Pediatric Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Kids' share 2020: report on federal expenditures on children through 2019 and future projections.Urban Institute, 2020 (Available at:)Accessed June 29, 2022)
- US Health care spending by payer and health condition, 1996-2016.JAMA. 2020; 323: 863-884
- A roadmap to reducing child poverty.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2019
- NBER Working Paper No. 23479 June 2017, Revised February 2019 JEL No. C93,I28,J13, Available at:)Accessed June 26, 2022) (
- Invest in early childhood development: reduce deficits, strengthen the economy.(Available at:)https://heckmanequation.org/www/assets/2013/07/F_HeckmanDeficitPieceCUSTOM-Generic_052714-3-1.pdf(Accessed June 26, 2022)Date: 2013
- Predicting adult obesity from childhood obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obes Rev. 2016; 17: 95-107
- The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University, Adolescent Substance Use: America’s #1 Public Health Problem.(Available at:)Accessed June 26, 2022)
- Advocacy Guide: pointing you in the right direction to become an effective advocate.American Academy of Pediatrics, 2009
- Maternal Child Health forms the foundation for healthy and thriving lives. Baltimore Sun.(11. Available at:)https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/op-ed/bs-ed-op-0426-maternal-child-health-20210426-wfq23bojsnfivcpuj3ywb7w4qq-story.html(Accessed June 26, 2022)Date: 2021
- Robert wood johnson foundation 2002 annual report.(Available at:)Accessed May 24, 22)
- Brookings Institution. The COVID-19 crisis has already left too many children hungry in America.https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2020/05/06/the-covid-19-crisis-has-already-left-too-many-children-hungry-in-america/Date: 2020Date accessed: October 22, 2022
- Mental health status among children in home confinement during the coronavirus disease 2019 outbreak in Hubei Province, China.JAMA Pediatr. 2020; 174: 898-900
- Forecasting estimates of poverty during the COVID-19 crisis. Poverty & Social Policy Brief.(4(6):1-18. Available at:)https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5743308460b5e922a25a6dc7/t/5e9786f17c4b4e20ca02d16b/1586988788821/Forecasting-Poverty-Estimates-COVID19-CPSP-2020.pdfDate: 2020
- Children in Poverty by Race/Ethnicity. 2018 data.(Available at:)Accessed February 9, 2020)
- U.S. Census bureau, current population reports, p60-266, income and poverty in the United States: 2018.U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2019 (Available at:)
- Voices4Kids. The COVID-19 crisis is catastrophic for children too.(Available at:)https://medium.com/voices4kids/the-covid-19-crisis-is-catastrophic-for-children-too-572953c1eef9(Accessed April 15, 2020)Date: 2020
- Children of the Recession: the impact of the economic crisis on child well-being in rich countries, Innocenti Report Card 12.UNICEF Office of Research, Florence2014
- America's Health Rankings analysis of CDC WONDER online database, mortality files 2017, united health foundation.(Available at:)Accessed February 9, 2020)
- Maryland maternal mortality review 2019 annual report.(Available at:)https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/mch/Documents/Health-General%20Article,%20%C2%A713-1207,%20Annotated%20Code%20of%20Maryland%20-%202019%20Annual%20Report%20%E2%80%93%20Maryland%20Maternal%20Mortality%20Review.pdf(Accessed May 19, 2020)
- Linked Birth/Infant Death files, United Health Foundation.(Available at:)Accessed February 9, 2020)
- Children’s mental health emergency department visits: 2007–2016.Pediatrics. 2020; 145: e20191536
- Engineering, and Medicine.in: Fostering Healthy Mental, Emotional, and Behavioral Development in Children and Youth: A National Agenda. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2019
- Financial toll of untreated perinatal mood and anxiety disorders among 2017 births in the United States.Am J Public Health. 2020; 110: 888-896
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Healthy People.(Available at:)https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/maternal-infant-and-child-health(Accessed April 10, 2020)Date: 2020
- Health disparities beginning in childhood: a life-course perspective.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S163-S175
- Handbook of life course health development.Springer, Cham2018
- Effect of in utero and early-life conditions on adult health and disease.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 61-73
- Lifetime direct medical costs of childhood obesity.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: 854-862
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.