Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Pediatric Clinics
- History of tobacco and health.Respirology. 2003; 8: 286-290
- Tobacco: Its historical, cultural, oral, and periodontal health association.J Int Soc Prev Community Dent. 2013; 3: 12-18
- The Editors of Encyclopaedia. Jean Nicot. Britannica.Accessed October 17, 2022)
- American lung association anti-spitting campaign and modern health crusade.Accessed October 17, 2022)
- Social reformers and regulation: the prohibition of cigarettes in the United States and Canada.Explorations Econ Hist. 2002; 39: 425-445
- Cancer studies in massachusetts: habits, characteristics and environment of individuals with and without cancer.N Engl J Med. 1928; 198: 481-487
- Tobacco smoking and longevity.Science. 1938; 87: 216-217
- "The doctors' choice is America's choice": the physician in US cigarette advertisements, 1930-1953.Am J Public Health. 2006; 96: 222-232
Klara R. Throwback Thursday: When Doctors Prescribed ‘Healthy’ Cigarette Brands. Adweek Web site. 2015. Available at: https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/throwback-thursday-when-doctors-prescribed-healthy-cigarette-brands-165404/. Accessed May 1, 2022.
- Smoke free movies, 1920s-1950s.Accessed October 17, 2022)
- Everywhere the soldier will be": wartime tobacco promotion in the US military.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 1595-1602
- Ending the tobacco problem: a blueprint for the nation.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2007
- Tobaco tactics web site.Accessed October 17, 2022)
- The dark side of marketing seemingly ”Light” cigarettes: successful images and failed fact.Tob Control. 2002; 11: I18-I31
- University of Bath. Tobacco Tactics Web site.Accessed August 23, 2020)
- The cigarette manufacturers' efforts to promote tobacco to the U.S. military.Mil Med. 2005; 170: 874-880
- Association of flavored tobacco use with tobacco initiation and subsequent use among US youth and adults, 2013-2015.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2: e1913804
- Vaping versus JUULing: how the extraordinary growth and marketing of JUUL transformed the US retail e-cigarette market.Tob Control. 2019; 28: 146
- Harm perceptions of intermittent tobacco product use among U.S. youth, 2016.J Adolesc Health. 2018; 62: 750-753
- E-cigarette use and future cigarette initiation among never smokers and relapse among former smokers in the PATH study.Public Health Rep. 2019; 134: 528-536
- Perceptions of e-cigarettes and noncigarette tobacco products among US youth.Pediatrics. 2016; 138: e20154306
- Tobacco control in south-east asia.Accessed October 17, 2022)
- Tobacco control in south-east asia region.https://www.who.int/southeastasia/health-topics/tobacco/tobacco-control-in-the-south-east-asia-region(Accessed October 17, 2022)
National Cancer Institute and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Smokeless Tobacco and Public Health: A Global Perspective. Bethesda, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute. NIH Publication No. 14-7983; 2014.
World Health Organization. European tobacco use: Trends report 2019. 2019. Available at: https://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/tobacco/publications/2019/european-tobacco-use-trends-report-2019-2019. Accessed May 2, 2022.
World Health Organization. Tobacco Data and Statistics. Available at: https://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/tobacco/data-and-statistics. Accessed May 2, 2022.
- Susceptibility to tobacco use and associated factors among youth in five central and eastern European countries.BMC Public Health. 2022; 22: 72
- Landscape of tobacco control in sub-Saharan Africa.Tob Control. 2022; 31: 153-159
- WHO global report on trends in prevalence of tobacco smoking 2000-2025. second edition. World Health Organization, Geneva2018
- Tobacco use falling: WHO urges countries to invest in helping more people to quit tobacco.https://www.who.int/news/item/16-11-2021-tobacco-use-falling-who-urges-countries-to-invest-in-helping-more-people-to-quit-tobacco(Accessed October 17, 2022)Date: 2021
- Tobacco tactics: Latin America and caribbean region. University of Bath, 2021 (Available at:)Accessed October 17, 2022)
- Smoking and smokeless tobacco use in nine South and Southeast Asian countries: prevalence estimates and social determinants from Demographic and Health Surveys.Popul Health Metrics. 2014; 12: 22
- 2021 federal action plan: tobacco priorities.Accessed October 17, 2022)
- Harmful effects of nicotine.Indian J Med Paediatr Oncol. 2015; 36: 24-31
- The role of the SLC6A3 3’ UTR VNTR in nicotine effects on cognitive, affective, and motor function.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2022; 239: 489-507
- The Effects of Nicotine on Development.Pediatrics. 2020; 145
- Smoking & tobacco use: heart disease and stroke.2020
- How smoking affects heart health.https://www.fda.gov/tobacco-products/health-effects-tobacco-use/how-smoking-affects-heart-health(Accessed October 17, 2022)Date: 2021
- The health Consequences of smoking-50 Years of progress: a Report of the Surgeon general.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US), Atlanta (GA)2014
- Health effects of cigarette smoking.https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/index.htm(Accessed October 17, 2022)Date: 2021
- Lung Cancer.Accessed October 17, 2022)
- Smoking and diabetes: dangerous liaisons and confusing relationships.Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2019; 11: 85
- Global burden of disease due to smokeless tobacco consumption in adults: an updated analysis of data from 127 countries.BMC Med. 2020; 18: 222
- Tobacco industry marketing.https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/tobacco_industry/marketing/index.htm(Accessed October 17, 2022)Date: 2021
- The commercial determinants of health.Lancet Glob Health. 2016; 4: e895-e896
World Health Organization. Tobacco: Industry tactics to attract younger generations. 2020. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/questions-and-answers/item/tobacco-industry-tactics-to-attract-younger-generations. Accessed May 2, 2022.
- Decreasing Smoking but Increasing Stigma? Anti-tobacco Campaigns, Public Health, and Cancer Care.AMA J Ethics. 2017; 19: 475-485
- Tobacco free florida. powerful anti-smoking ad campaigns work.Accessed October 17, 2022)
- Government action to reduce smoking.Respirology. 2003; 8: 7-16
- Tobacco Twenty-One. Toabcco 21: The Law of the Land.Accessed October 17, 2022)
Withers T., New Zealand law to ban tobacco sale to those born after 2008. Available at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-09/new-zealand-aims-for-smokefree-generation-with-new-tobacco-law#:∼:text=New%20Zealand%20Law%20to%20Ban%20Tobacco%20Sale%20to%20Those%20Born%20After%202008&text=The%20new%20law%20will%20also,to%20be%20sold%20from%202025. Accessed May 1, 2022.
- Tobacco Free Kids. Tobacco Industry Arguments and How to Counter Them (in brief).Accessed October 17, 2022)
- Tobacco industry and public health responses to state and local efforts to end tobacco sales from 1969-2020.PLoS One. 2020; 15: e0233417
- Secondhand smoke exposure at home among one billion children in 21 countries: findings from the Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS).Tob Control. 2016; 25: e95-e100
- Clinical Practice Policy To Protect Children From Tobacco, Nicotine, And Tobacco Smoke.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: 1008-1017
Sthapit B, Chhibber, M., Twentyman, E., Naseer, S., Resnick, EA., Ahluwalia, I., Klein, JD. Maternal, newborn, and child health guidelines and tobacco control in low and lower middle income countries. APHA Annual Meeting; 2020.
Klein JD, Resnick EA, Chamberlin ME, Kress EA. Second-hand smoke surveillance and COVID-19: a missed opportunity. Tob Control. 2021, tobaccocontrol-2021-056532. https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2021-056532.
- Origins of the WHO framework convention on tobacco control.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 936-938
- WHO report on the global tobacco epidemic, 2008: the MPOWER package. World Health Organization, Geneva2008
- Global progress report on implementation of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. World Health Organization, Geneva2018
- Tobacco Use Worldwide: Legislative Efforts to Curb Consumption.Ann Glob Health. 2018; 84: 571-579
- Policy makers' perspectives on tobacco control advocates' roles in regulation development.Tob Control. 2001; 10: 218-224
- Protecting children and families from tobacco and tobacco-related NCDs in the Western Pacific: good practice examples from Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore.Child Care Health Dev. 2017; 43: 774-778
American Academy of Pediatrics. Strengthening Pediatricians’ Capacity for Global Tobacco Control. Available at: https://downloads.aap.org/AAP/PDF/AAP_CDC_Global_Tobacco_Fact_Sheet_2020_02.pdf. Accessed May 2, 2022.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum and newborn care: a guide for essential practice.3rd ed. World Health Organization, Geneva2015
Wilson K, Klein JD, Cowal S, et al. Addressing Tobacco And Secondhand Smoke Exposure In Maternal And Child Survival Programs. Health Affairs Blog Web site. 2015. Available at: https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/forefront.20151124.051977. Accessed May 2, 2022.
- The Effect of Smoking on Lactation and Infantile Colic.JAMA. 1989; 261: 42-43
- Milk production by mothers of premature infants: influence of cigarette smoking.Pediatrics. 1992; 90: 934-938
- Effects of maternal nicotine on breastfeeding infants.Rev Paul Pediatr. 2013; 31: 392-397
- US AID. Tobacco Policy. In US AID OPerational Policy (ADS) Series 200 Chapters.(Available at:)Accessed May 2, 2022)
- Tobacco control to improve child health and development.(Available at:)Accessed May 2, 2022)